The Warner Grand Theatre is an historic movie palace which was opened on January 20, 1931 in San Pedro, California.
The design of the Warner Grand Theatre was a collaboration by architect B. Marcus Priteca and interior designer Anthony Heinsbergen, in the Art Deco—Moderne style. It was one of three similarly lavish Los Angeles area art-deco movie palaces on which Priteca and Heinsbergen collaborated for the Warner Bros. company in the early 1930s.
The theater was facing possible demolition or re-development when, in 1995, a local group of activists formed the Grand Vision Foundation to work for the preservation of the historic building. Their efforts were successful when the theater was purchased by the Cultural Affairs Department of the City of Los Angeles in 1996. Efforts to both restore and program the theater have been ongoing since the acquisition. In 1999, the Warner was added to the National Register of Historic Places. [Wikipedia]